Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Friday, January 7, 2011

You Should Have Seen Him.....

Lying alone in helpless silence in the night....

In trying to catch up on my many newspapers and magazines, I ran across a fascinating article in the Smithsonian I just had to share. It concerns a most vile murder, and the perpetrator(s) who committed it, as well as one of the prosecutors in the case, who just happened to be one Daniel Webster. Go here for the full read. It is said that this crime served as inspiration for Edgar Allan Poe's Tell-Tale Heart, and possibly even Nathaniel Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter. See if you agree.

And, of course, to accompany the tale: a great song by Alan Parsons Project from one of my favorite albums, Tales of Mystery and Imagination. ENJOY!

4 comments:

Edith Ann said...

Thanks, Sugar! I love The Smithsonian magazine. The articles are always great, and this was no exception.

Sugar Magnolia said...

Indeed! November's issue (which this article was taken from) was packed full of great, interesting stuff. I always feel my horizons become a little broader with each Smithsonian I read. Thanks for your input!

Pilot said...

One of my favorite (okay - the maniac in me) Alan Parsons gems. Did you know that the vocal is performed by Arthur Brown (of "Fire" by the crazy world of arthur brown?) God, I love youtube ..........and you maam. Thanks for stirring my soul once again.........

Sugar Magnolia said...

You're most welcome, Pilot!

Yeah, "crazy" Arthur Brown. Ruben (the Midnite Rambler) has mentioned that people still come in his shop wanting a copy of "Fire", even after all these years. When he gives them a listen to the "Tell-Tale Heart" they want a copy of it, too. People still can't get enough of "crazy" Arthur Brown, it seems.

Crazy, huh?