Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Of Boots and Peace


Good friends and good times. How could I possibly ask for more? As I relished the opportunity to spend time with friends I don't see nearly often enough tonight, I also met others who I can now see were clearly friends-in-waiting. Great conversation, intelligent insights, and plenty of laughter around the "round table" of a most gracious hostess made this chick's day a delightful one.

A "door prize" of a boot and, fittingly, a peace token was a most wonderful surprise. The real prize, however, was the group of warm-hearted (and some cold-handed) folks that I have grown fond of. I would drive straight down El Camino Real and through Concrete just to be with them.

Coming home, with lively chat still echoing in my head, I heard one of my favorite songs, and I think when I hear it from now on I will always connect it with them. Not a bad thing at all.

Because, you see, I believe that to everything there is a season. And I have come to love all the seasons of my life. This is yet another phase that holds surprise and treasure for me, and I embrace it with all of my being. So, for all of you (and you know who you are), enjoy "your song".




2 comments:

Edith Ann said...

I am so glad you had a good time! It was fun! We must do it more often. We all have so much to share and contribute.

And thanks for the song. That is from my teen years and was a favorite then.

Truth Ferret said...

You are so patient, whenever the history lessons about Victoria are shared. I know that what we tell is new to you, but it sure isn't news. Thanks for your smiles. You helped to make the evening even more fun.