Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Friday, February 1, 2013

I've Seen the Future...

I can't afford it!

So let's talk about that thing on EVERYONE'S minds....MONEY.

Such a simple thing. Just five letters, a mundane definition, just a few denominations, a common item present in all cultures. It's a straightforward matter...until it isn't.

With a feeling that the hard times as a nation, and a world, are just about to get even harder, I offer you the only solace I can - music. Hell, if you can still afford the internet connection, then at least you can smile through the pain with help of these tunes. Wish I could give you more, but...I've seen the future. I can't afford it. Tell you the truth, someone just bought it.
















Oh - and did I mention your taxes are going up?

Have a nice day?


4 comments:

Edith Ann said...

Maybe I am missing the point of your blog, but what is going to get tougher? Accordig to this, http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/01/investing/stocks-markets/ the situation looks very rosy. The Dow even closed at a new record high today, over 14,000.

Pilot said...

Welcome back my friend. Thank you for pointing out the greed factor. Our needs are dwarfed by our wants, which pale by comparison, to the greedy bastards' ability to capitalize on our desires and obsessions. That is unfortunately, reflected in the spikes in the stock market. Our paychecks and our investments are currently being determined by manipulators and speculators, rather than by hard goods being consumed and cultivated based on consumers' needs. I was good with gasoline that didn't cut into the corn supply for cornbread or Jack Daniels......

Sugar Magnolia said...

Thanx, Pilot! All I can say is, OUCH! And it IS gonna get worse.

And, for the love of god, DON'T TAKE MY JACK!!!!!

Von Prien said...

Well, Well, well, 16 Tons and whata ya get another day coming and deeper in debt, as you well know. I loved that.