Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Clarity

After such a Freaky Friday, it's awfully refreshing to wake up after a good night's sleep with a clear mind. For once, I feel I can leave work behind, enjoy the day, and determine my own course.

I believe I have worked through and resolved some tough issues this week, but the strange thing is, the working through and resolution occurred mostly in the dreams I had between intermittent bouts of sleep and wake. I have heard the theory that people tend to sort through subconscious issues in their dreams while the mind takes on a life of its own. I suppose some part of that must be true. My dreams about a particular issue had gotten more intense each night since last week, and finally, there was a coming to terms, of sorts. Perhaps this is our brain's way of saying "time to move on; this is solved; you're good to go". There always seems to be a rainbow after a storm. And that has been a blessing.

There are songs that are going through my mind today, I think as a consequence of "moving on". I suspect most of these tunes have meant something to somebody at some time; maybe they have relevance to you, too. Byrds at the top and bottom of these songs ~ old friend, bookends, and my back pages contained herewithin, with Roger McGuinn's wonderful 12-string guitar playing my life.


Whatever you do today, do it with purpose and freedom. I know I will, with a whole lot of much-needed clarity thrown in.

Each of us has our own journey to take. I hope yours is as interesting as mine has been.














No comments: