Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Of Human Bondage

Just when you think nothing in the news could shock you anymore, you get this.

It leaves me at a loss for words, really. How sad we as a species have become. It really hit me hard, because just a day prior, I had absorbed myself in Roger Ebert's latest blog post here. Ebert's posts of late have been so fascinating, he is one of my "must read" bloggers when I surf the internet. I always am gratified when I stop by his page. This latest post of his asks simply, "Why are we cruel?" Indeed, even if cruelty seems inherent in the nature of Homo sapien, there is no good answer here. And when I came across the article about those poor souls in Philadelphia being held against their will in such horrid conditions, I immediately thought of Ebert's blog. It seems we will never see the end of stories like this.


What do YOU think? Why ARE we so cruel? To other people, to defenseless animals? Even to those we love? What in our nature makes humans at times so inhumane?

I highly recommend all of Roger Ebert's writings on his blog. He has in incisive way of thinking and thus makes me think.

No comments: