Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sweet Sounds for a Saturday

Don't know why, but I woke up with the Statler Brothers in my head. I would think that might happen on a Sunday, since so much of their music was gospel-style, but it is what it is. I don't fight it, I embrace it. Their lovely harmonies helped weave a soundtrack throughout my life. Those sweet voices are a treasure to me. The Statlers is one of those musical acts that seems beloved by all age groups. In fact, whenever the Statlers are mentioned, I've not once ever heard anyone say, "I don't care for them". The conversation seems to turn to "You know, I love those guys", or "I remember when my mom would play their records", or even "Do they still tour?". I have personally never seen these guys live, but would really like to....maybe someday. Until then, this will have to do:









































2 comments:

Edith Ann said...

I love the Statler Brothers. Good songs all!

Thanks for the music Sugar!

Sugar Magnolia said...

Any time, Edith Ann!