Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Forever Grateful

As I sit here amid an embarrassment of riches, I realize today and every day how much I have to be grateful for. I am free from want, I have two challenging jobs (and a third I could return to any time if I so desired), wonderful friends and family, and my freedom. I couldn't ask for more.

I am forever grateful.

One constant in my life, through good times and bad, has been music. Wonderful music. On a groovy day like today, one song in particular stays on my mind - "Sugar Magnolia" by the Grateful Dead. This is a joyous, happy song from which I took my nom de gurre, a tune which, when savored, leaves me feeling uplifted and free. It also contains some of the sweetest picking ever by Jerry Garcia. It is simply impossible to be blue when listening to this song. Listen here and I believe you will agree.

One of the Dead's most mellow songs, "Ripple", can be appreciated here. If you are near a loved one, grab him or her and have a spin around the room to this lovely tune.

Finally, for your viewing and listening pleasure, I have "Touch of Grey" by Jerry and company here. Title sound familiar? I adore this song and this band. I am forever grateful that they came along in my lifetime.

I can't say it any better than the Dead:
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty.
If your cup be full, may it be again.
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

1 comment:

Pilot said...

Thank you. Now as I go to start peeling shrimp for dinner, the kitchen will be filled with my whistling the melody to "Ripple"....or maybe I'll just instead, click on the "Touch of Grey" link and put the player on repeat and see how many times I get to hear Jerry's sweet little sugar coated guitar solo in the middle before I call the kids for dinner. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.