Touch of Grey will, well, touch upon the rainbow that is life. Good music, good times, and good friends combine to make all the splendid colors. Touch of Grey will celebrate this beautiful rainbow.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Enlightenment? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Enlightenment!



While surfing the great idiot box in the wee hours this a.m. (talk about needing enlightenment!) I came upon the unbelievable results of a purely unscientific poll on MSN.com that asks a simple question: Scientist Richard Leakey says scientific discoveries will accelerate to the point that "soon even the skeptics can accept it." What do you think of Leakey's statement? The breakdown: 41% for "I agree, evolution is a fact"; 51% for "I disagree, my faith tells me God created life"; and 8% for "I do not have an opinion."



Color me astonished, dismayed, and pessimistic about our chances as a species. I've heard many bloggers' and posters' views on this, and so often the usual suspect's opinions are predictable. There are clearly two factions into which beliefs are split, so, just in the interest of starting a conversation, I now open up the forum here to YOUR take, but I would prefer fresh ideas, reasoning, even doubts. Does anyone have anything unique to say on this subject that has not been beat to death before? What say YOU?

No comments: